Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Peek into Room 5! And FREEBIES!

I am linking up with a Class*y Collaboration to share a tour of my classroom!  Even though I am WAYYY late!
 
This year, I am teaching a first and second grade split class!  I have 9 first graders and 13 second graders.  Take a peek around our classroom!

Reading Station Tubs 
Students get a Reading Station Map on Monday that explains their stations for the week.  There are three maps for differentiated learning!  Check out an example here!
 Each student has their own Read to Self tub with books on their independent reading level.

  
Word Families Board
During small groups, students work on adding their own illustrations and words to the word family disk.  You can find this product here!

Daily CAFE Strategies Board
You can find these here at my TPT store.  The illustrations of each strategy are student created!


Today We Will...

We fill this in with our daily goals during morning meeting.
 


Teacher Work Area
 Small Group Teaching Area


Math Stations 

There are two maps for math each week as well.  Students work at their own pace to complete the map!







Math Small Group Area










Academic Vocabulary Wall             I am done.  
                                                     Now what?
                                                                                                                  Get this freebie here

This is my first experience with teaching a split classroom.  I absolutely love it, but it took quite a bit of work to get parents to "buy in" to the idea.  Has anyone experienced this before?  Questions like..

How are you going to meet the needs of my child?
What will your day look like?
Is my child falling behind?
AND THE LIST GOES ON!

So, I decided to give parents a peek at what our classroom looks like on a daily basis.  Check out the book I sent home with each child!  I received a TON of positive feedback, and we all know that parent support is CRUCIAL for success!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment